Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip 2009: Final Day (Twelve)

Sunday, June 21st - Well, today marks our return to the East Coast, land of rain. We'll be flying out of LAX at 11:40am to St Louis, where we have a 70 minute layover before our connecting flight to Laguardia Airport in New York. If all goes well, we should be landing in New York by 10:30pm, where a friend of Kat and Arp's would be picking us up and taking us back to their house in Jersey. From there, I'll pick up my car, and drive back to Brooklyn.

It's been an amazing trip, and as I think about the last two months, I can't help but wonder about where my life has taken me. After leaving my full time job at Fountainhead at the beginning of May, I've spent a week with my Dad in Jersey putting a new roof on my grandmother's garage, I traveled to France to the Cannes Film Festival and subsequent shooting at three incredibly beautiful French wineries, then back to the states where I was the Best Man at a wedding for a good friend of mine, after which I went to LA for a good friend's birthday, and finally, the road trip that took me over 3000 miles across these United States of America.

Tonight, I would be sleeping in my own bed again, a bed that I'd spent less than week in since the beginning of May. I have missed New York, but seeing the world and being gone for so long has in some ways detached me from the routine I had established and been living with for the past 3 years. My apartment doesn't feel so much like home anymore, and I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Next week, I travel back to Millville to help my Dad put a new roof on his own home, and then after that is my birthday on July 4th. As of July 7th, my world returns to the way it was before all of this happened, and I can't help but wonder, where do I go from here?

Well, at least there's always the new "Ghostbusters" video game to play, because it certainly won't play itself.

Anyways, enjoy some pictures from this weekend! Here are a couple from our Switzer Falls hike (4.3 miles roundtrip.)



The rest are from the Cat House Twilight Tour in Rosamond, CA. Yes, that IS a massive cat ripping pages out of a phone book, and yes, that IS a ginormous feline trying to claw the guts out of a thick cardboard tube. You are two for two tonight. Kudos.




No comments:

Post a Comment